You deserve to enjoy your new home. You worked hard to get it and you are looking forward to making the most of it, especially during the heatwave.
If you came from a place with a window AC or no AC unit at all, a central AC system can feel like an incredible luxury. It’s your first home with a legit central air conditioner!
But you can’t rely on a malfunctioning air conditioner. When you need your AC fixed, where do you start? You can start right here. We’ve created a brief beginner’s guide to help you determine if you have an AC in need of repairs.
7 Signs Your AC Needs Repairs
Here are some indicators you can look or listen for to see if you need to get your system fixed:
- Rattling noises: Rattling indicates a loose part in the air conditioner that needs to be tightened. Make sure this is done soon before it escalates into…
- Clanging noises: When you have a rattling AC that isn’t checked out you may notice a clanging noise later on. This is that loose part now free and bouncing around in your system, causing more damage than before.
- Weak airflow: Check the airflow coming through the vents around the house. Is one or more of them emitting very little air? This can be an issue with your filter or your ductwork. Check your filter and then call us.
- Hot air: When you were checking your vents you may have noticed the airflow was strong but also warm. That isn’t right! Shut your system down and schedule repairs ASAP.
- Short cycling. Your AC runs in “cycles” during which it cools the air in your home. The average cycle is around 15 minutes. If your system instead turns on for a few minutes and shuts back down and then continues this pattern, it’s known as short cycling–and it’s a big problem.
- High bills: Make sure to keep tabs on your energy bills. Whether they are in print or online, watching for big spikes in your monthly dues is a way to figure out when something is off with your AC (this will come in handy when you run your heater too).
- Musty smells. No that isn’t a smell you should have coming from your AC. Musty or moldy scents from an air conditioner are a problem.
Who You Can Rely on for Repairs
You’re pretty sure you need to repair your AC. If you are considering looking up a Youtube tutorial, we’d advise against it. Unless you are a trained and certified technician, you should never try to repair your own system.
Your best option is to reach out to a professional at American Comfort Heating and Cooling for an AC repair in Winder, GA. We can have an EPA, NATE, and Energy Star-certified technician out to your home in no time to get your AC fixed.
Contact us today to figure out what is wrong with AC and get it working right again. Bringing Comfort to America, One Home at a Time.